Cut-Throat wrote:
> I bought a raspberry Pi to fool around with. I had it hooked up to my
> system and could also hear a Hum in my 114db Oris Horns that was not
> there with my SBTs. As an Audiophile, I did not to mess with this Pi
> anymore.

Yes, out-of-the-box audio via audio jack is mediocre at best (HDMI is
better, though), that's why for audiophile use one should use a DAC card
like Hifiberry, IQaudIO, or the Wolfson.

- *ASRock Ion 330* (home office) running Xubuntu 14.04.1 LTS + LMS
  7.9, all music streamed as FLAC > Local Player > Behringer MS 40
  active nearfield monitors via toslink
- *Boom* (master bedroom), *Radio* (master bathroom), *Archos 35 Home
  Connect* + SqueezePlayer (guest bathroom)
- *Reson PR 80s* as UPnP client (living room) > Parasound DAC 1500 >
  vintage Wega Modul 42V amp (with 42E equalizer, 42T tape deck, and
  Thorens TD 160 Mk II turntable) > Quadral Vulkan Mk II speakers
- *Duet* + *Radio* in storage