mherger wrote:
> > I seem to experience the wide character error in the MAI plugin. I am
> > using MAI 0.9.8 together with LMS 7.9 from November 19. If I choose
> not
> > to show artist pictures in the MAI settings then the scan works just
> > fine, otherwise it ends with this error:
> >
> > [14-11-21 20:33:58.4862] main::main (346) Error: Failed when running
> > scan post-process: [Wide character in subroutine entry at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/DbCache.pm line 77
>
> Would you know on what particular artist this would happen?
>
> --
>
> Michael

I have seen the same error. The culprits are all names with a háček
(or caron) over on character - so Dvorak, Smetana, Janacek or Elina
Garanca etc.
The first scan cames trough and for all the artists the scanner found a
picture. This picture is stored with the correct  háček´s in the
artwork folder. If the scan is started
a second time, it finds a file with a háček and crashed with the
message above. I deleted all the files with  háček´s in and made
the artwork folder read only for the userid
of the scanner , then each scan finished completly.
You see this error only in linux, in the Windows-LMS exist an other
error. Windows-LMS cannot write filenames with  háček, instead of
Dvořák.jpg is written Dvo.jpg and
thats make no problems in following scans.

Bernd