jarrod2750 wrote:
> I have VB version 2.3 installed and I wanted to use Ipeng to control it.
> I've had Ipeng for a couple of years and used it with a Touch, but the
> Touch is on the fritz and I need to remove it from the chain.  So I was
> going to plug the VB via USB to my AVR.  The library shows up in Ipeng
> but I couldnt get anything to play.  Sounds like squeezlite is the
> missing key.  Hopefully that makes sense.  Thanks.

understand. Yes, your issue is that you need to setup squeezelite as a
player in the VB. The vortexbox forum would be the place to ask for help
on this. Search the forum and wiki as well as the basics are already
answered somewhere. I don't use squeezelite in the VB so I can't really
help.  In the Vortexbox webGUI (accessed via browser) there is a
"configure player" button. Click on this and there is a page with info
and instructions for setting up your squeezelite player to work via USB
out.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify