mherger wrote:
> LMS does scan streams before they are played. That information should be
>
> available then.
OP is providing a PCM stream and wants to use WAVEInput plugin to send
stream to players.  Format info therefore will not be available as there
is no header.  Also OP mentions downsampling and also multiplexed stream
so I am not sure what exactly the origin of the stream except coming in
on Wolfson audio card.
I am not sure how to achieve this in a LMS plugin and I suggested that a
parseMeta data is likely hook to provide this info to LMS from a plugin
(it si the approach I would look into first) since examining the stream
is not possible. However since I ( and AFAICT nobody else) has done this
it is an educated guess. I am v. busy at the moment (Christmas, tax
returns, end of year audit ...) and haven't got the time to wade thro'
LMS to investigate and verify and then give a ready made solution.  I
had suggested using formats with headers but OP wanted PCM.