erland wrote:
> "Include" means that at least one of the selected tags has the be part
> of the file.
> "Exclude" means that it's excluded if any of the selected tags is part
> of the file.
>
> To compare with genres, it's the typical "Christmas" + "Pop" problem. If
> you have tagged a file with both "Christmas" and "Pop" and select "Pop"
> as include, you will still get this album. If you select "Christmas" as
> Exclude it means that all christmas music will be excluded independent
> which other tags it contains.

Ah, I hadn't thought about multi tag tracks as I seem to only have one
tag per track. I use tag&rename which I think only allows one tag, but I
may well have been using it too simply since I got it, quite some years
ago.

More research needed, though it was Christmas music that I have made my
first file for and I had excluded everything except 'Christmas' and
included only Christmas, seems now it's overkill but it works in my
case!

Thanks again Erland.