gharris999 wrote:
> Thanks.  You've confirmed that forking shutdown with & solves the
> problem?  If so, I'll put that into the code.  Thanks.
I haven't had a crash report in the server log since I added the &, so I
guess that fixed it.

Did my rationale for the cause make any sense?

When you make the fix to 'code' will I need to take the & off my command
line, or will you be adding it to the default value shown on the
settings page?

This got a bit confusing since I also had a crash of the LMS scanner
(not reported in the server log, but as a segfault in the ubuntu
kern.log) that I thought was related.   That turned out to be a separate
problem introduced a while ago in the LMS 'full text search' plugin.
I'm testing the fix for that right now.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp (Beta - derived from squeezelite) to
Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC and Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Squeezelite
to PC sound.  Minimserver (server) and upplay (control point) to same
amps & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Meridian USB Explorer DAC from PCs
to speakers/headphones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls
LMS/upplay via Firefox.   Have a Touch with EDO, and a spare, but don't
use.