Today I tested the BBC Radio applet using mysqueezebox.com and then
LMS.
Of the live streams I could receive R3,R4,R4x,5L and 5LSX. I could not
receive R1,R1X,R2 and 6Music. All the latter reported AAC streams. I
then tried On-Demand content and the results were the same except for
R5L OD which reported "Connection Reset by local host and was a 96k WMA
stream. (I have the Plugin set to Highest Bitrate). When I went through
again using LMS the results were identical.

Then I tested the iPlayer plugin with LMS and found I could access all
Live and OD streams. I did experience a snag a few tunes into Bob Harris
Sunday when the the connection was "reset by local host".

It's good the be able to use iPlayer plugin as a second string, but I
would not normally want my PC all day and evening which is why the
applet is my first choice.

I doubt if anything I have written will help those good people who make
all this work for the rest of us but I thought I'd share it anyway :p