ChipMonk wrote:
> Well my avconv compilation on a Raspberry Pi 2 took exactly 1 hour - not
> bad. I changed the custom-convert.conf and playhls.sh back to the bpa
> plugin originals, but modified for avconv. It all works fine - but still
> getting multiple avconv instances, damn it. So obviously I need to use
> your playhls.pl file. But I'm a bit confused as to where
>
> "put the script in the same directory as bpa's shell script"
>
> actually is. Should it be
> \var\lib\squeezeboxserver\cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\PlayHLS\Bin ??

It just needs to be able to be capable of being found when running it. I
keep my copy in /usr/local/bin, but
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/PlayHLS/Bin
should be fine too. - eg. once you have it on your Rpi do:

Code:
--------------------

  $ cp playhls.pl /usr/local/bin
  # always worth making sure it's executable.
  $ chmod +x /usr/local/bin/playhls.pl

--------------------

While avconv was compiling I've tweaked the Triode iPlayer urls so
things just keep getting better all the time - no thanks to the BBC, to
whom I've also fired off a few more mortars.

I also added the -compression_level 0 option suggested by bpa, to
further reduce the CPU load (it's now running around 70%cpu on an old
model B both running a server and a squeezelite driving my wolfson audio
card).

Code:

  hls flc * *
        # RB:{BITRATE=-B %B}T:{START=-ss %s}
        [playhls.pl] -loglevel quiet -i $FILE$ -f flac -compression_level 0 -

Am happy again. the 320k streams are quite nice, just wished the BBC
would have organised the switchover a bit better...