phineas wrote:
> @klammer
> Hi - I followed the instructions in the README file for the script here
> :
>
> https://github.com/CutePoisonX/ffmpegInstaller/blob/master/README.md
>
> In summary, you need IPKG first.  this is perhaps the trickiest bit
> because you have to select the correct boostrap file, but it's explained
> here.
> http://forum.synology.com/wiki/index.php/Overview_on_modifying_the_Synology_Server,_bootstrap,_ipkg_etc
>

> Once ipkg is installed...
> run : ipkg update
> run : ipkg install bash
>
> Then you drop back into the instructions for the script (the Read ME
> file above)
>
> NB One of the instructions for the script involved running 'git clone'
> which did not work for me, so I installed GIT Server via the Synology
> DSM Package Centrer.  This seemed like over-kill (One more sledge-hammer
> to crack this tricky little nut !)  I don't want or need a GIT Server.
> There may be a simple workaround to get the GIT command - but I was
> tired and this worked so ...
>
> Anyway - hope this helps

Thanks for all that info, I tried to do everything as per instructions
but got some errors.  I too had to resort to installing Git but it
actually allowed me to get hold of a new version of ffmeg, however, I
can't run the ffmpegInstaller.sh no matter how I try!

@bpa now doesn't think my problem is with ffmpeg anyway so we'll have to
wait and see.

Cheers,

Paul