VictorLaszlo wrote:
> Tearing my hair out with this.
> Running Squeezeplug 602 on a Raspberry Pi (version 1? I'm not sure) and
> have the aforementioned version of ffmpeg but the Apple HLS m3u8 entry
> in advanced settings/file types  is still greyed-out. The only way I can
> get it not to be greyed-out is to reinstall the old 0.8 version of
> ffmpeg, which needs to be periodically killed after use.  Am I doing
> something wrong? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

This is a PlayHLS specific and not BBCiPlayer questions and it is
preferred if you have ongoing issues with the plugin to ask on the
PlayHLS thread.

That said,
when you installed the fattylewis ffmpeg
1. Did you test from a shell prompt if it runs
2. Make sure permission of new ffmpeg is set correctly (i.e. o+rx)  so
that the user (squeezeboxserver ?)  which runs LMS can also run the
ffmpeg