The Fire TV is hooked up via the Ethernet port of a Powerline adapter.
Other devices (e.g., a RPi running squeezelite) connect just fine to my
LMS via the same adapter.

My LMS is 7.7.3. I don't recall changing anything in the config of
either LMS, or the Fire TV, or SB Player. (Well, maybe one thing that
changed is that I didnn't renew my Prime membership so the Fire TV
cannot use Prime anymore. But that shouldn't be of relevance I would
think.)

Other apps on the Fire TV (e.g., Kodi) run just fine and access files
from the same server that's running LMS (a Synology NAS) without any
problems.