Verulamius wrote:
> Thanks to everyone, I have managed to get HLS etc. working on my
> Raspberry Pi 2.  I followed the instructions on the Linux sub forum to
> compile a version of ffmpeg to work with correct terminations.
>
> The main concern that I have is that it takes over 8 seconds from
> selecting a HLS stream via bbc iplayer to getting any sound out.
>
> Is this normal, or something not quite set up right on my system?

Well nothing to worry about for a start.

I used expectingtofly's version and I can't remember having a big delay,
why not just swap the ffmpeg version and see.

With LMS mounted on my Qnap NAS TS 121 it takes 15 seconds.

I can't find how to upgrade it (just rembered I asked over on the Qnap
forum, so I'll look and see)

atb

Ronnie