bpa wrote:
> All is not lost I can play BBC HDS live streams.
>
> FYI The HDS live streams (non UK at least) include - I'm sure UK user
> can guess the UK equivalent and quality.
>
> http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hds/nonuk/low/ak/bbc_radio_one.f4m
> http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hds/nonuk/low/ak/bbc_radio_two.f4m
> http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hds/nonuk/low/ak/bbc_radio_three.f4m
> http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hds/nonuk/low/ak/bbc_radio_fourfm.f4m
> http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hds/nonuk/low/ak/bbc_radio_fourlw.f4m

Play them on what hardware or OS? Windows, Linux, iOS or Android?
Just curious, I have the HLS live streams working fine via LMS on a
Raspberry Pi with Debian (Squeezeplug) thanks to your previous efforts -
for which deepest gratitude.

Sounds like the Beeb (and their advisers) have got themselves in a total
pickle! Hoist with their own Petard even.

They may have to revert to AAC over Shoutcast until they can release
streams that can be played on their iPlayer App on all the platforms it
is supposed to be available for.

BTW thanks for your *incredible* generosity with your time.  I hope you
are not neglecting your nearest and dearest!

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
SQUEEZEBOXES:[/B] TWO SB DUETS (LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN) AND A
*'PICOREPLAYER' (HTTPS://SITES.GOOGLE.COM/SITE/PICOREPLAYER/HOME)
[b]Server:* Raspberry PI with Squeezeplug & LMS 7.8.  Music stored on
Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
access point
*Livingroom:* Receiver, Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:*piCorePlayer, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline