wilgartw wrote:
> can someone please point me in the right direction.
>
> i have a synology NAS  running DSM DSM 5.1-5022 Update 3
> i am running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.3 - 1375965195
> with BBC iplayer v1.2.14
> but when i try and listen to live streams i get "this shoutcast stream
> is no longer available"
> i have tried reading through this thread but the bits i do understand
> are superseded several posts later.
> thank you.
I am afraid there is no easy fix at the moment. There is an "alpha" of a
new plugin available, but it is very early stages. You will have to wait
for a fuller version, but one will probably be available eventually,
depending on how much time Triode has to spend on it.

You can "hack" some Linux files to get the streams back, but I am afraid
the hacked files don't work on the latest Synology NAS models (any with
an Arm7 chip).  I have a DS214 and gave up trying.  I now have LMS
running on a Raspberry Pi instead and the plugin hacks work fine on
that.  I now have it back to what it was before, in fact rather better.

Do you have a fixed PC of some sort?  If you don't want to go down the
new server route and would prefer to wait for a while to see if a fuller
version of an amended plugin appears, it might be best to install LMS on
a PC and do the hacks on that.

Castalla has very helpfully prepared a summary of what you have to do on
a new thread here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103312-BBCiPlayer-plugin-a-guick-fix-guide

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
SQUEEZEBOXES:[/B] TWO SB DUETS (LIVING ROOM AND KITCHEN) AND A
*'PICOREPLAYER' (HTTPS://SITES.GOOGLE.COM/SITE/PICOREPLAYER/HOME)
[b]Server:* Raspberry PI with Squeezeplug & LMS 7.8.  Music stored on
Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH
access point
*Livingroom:* Receiver, Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver, Topping TP20 Mk2 Class T amp, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:*piCorePlayer, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline