I have been using the triode plugin with problems until today.

Suddenly triode is gone and the normal offical limited spotify app is
there instead.

I see that the the LMS web interface indicates a new version is
available (2.3.8), and it appears to install on the Web plugins page.
It allows me to apply the change, but when I reboot as requested the
triode plugin is not installed.   Still says new plugin available and
allows me to check it off, apply, and reboot.

Has anyone else run into this?  Is there a cache somewhere I should
wipe.  Thanks in advance.

(LMS 7.8 on Windows 8.1 computer)