utgg wrote:
> psketch, did you say you get a very brief bit of audio from the player
> when the stream starts (couple of seconds maybe?), before the
> rebuffering occurs?
>
> If so, that means something has got through transcoding. LMS is writing
> data to -somewhere-, because of the log lines I mentioned earlier
> 'Slim::Player::Pipeline::sysread (310) Wrote 32694 bytes to pipeline
> writer'. My guess is that the flood of data written to socketwrapper
> immediately after the first bit has got through to the player (about
> 400KB / 30 seconds or so worth of data is written in a very short space
> of time - in some ways your server may be -too- good!) somehow
> overwhelms the transcoding processes, fills up a socket/pipe buffer or
> keeps one of the transcoding processes busy for too long (probably not
> the latter if you don't see an initial CPU blip).
>
> If there is some console debug output from socket wrapper, that sounds
> like a sensible next step to working out what is going on.

Yes, i do get a few seconds - 4 or 5 - of playback, then nothing....

Any ideas of anything to try - seems like under certain undefined
conditions, something goes awry at present.  BTW, in answer to another
question, it only seems to be the live streams affected - on demand and
iPlayerExtra both seem to work fine.