usc95 wrote:
> I just ordered a cheap used 8.1 tablet to play with your app and to run
> LMS on as well.  Curious to see how it works.

After reading your post, I was quite intrigued to try out LMS on my
cheap HP Stream 7 tablet and it works quite well. I installed LMS and
the local player plugin as well as Soundicity and was able to control
playback on the tablet. The only issue I found was that auto-detection
of servers/players does not seem to work if LMS/Local Player was
running, but you can always specify local servers manually in the app.
Something I need to look into. So, after adding localhost:9000 as a
local server, the local player on the table came through. I will change
to app to also probe the local machine for a running server.

One thing, though. If you bought a Windows RT device (see my other post
in this thread on the difference between Windows RT and Windows
Runtime/WinRT), you will not be able to install LMS on the deskto, since
as far as I know, you can pretty much only install apps from the Windows
App store. The best thing is probably to pick up a cheap tablet that
runs full Windows 8.1.

Best wishes,

Marc.