mrw wrote:
> I think I must have inadvertently frightened the horses. :(
>
> Player (i.e Touch, Classic, Controller, Squeezeplay) track context menus
> under 'more info' is where the bitrate & stream type shows up. The web
> interface gives the expected result, so must be sourcing the data
> elsewhere. I very rarely use the web interface.
>
> They are ordinary patches, and I'm not clear what your difficulties
> were, but of course there are many different ways of doing things. On
> Debian (and presumably Ubuntu) the patch manual page ('man patch' at the
> command line) gives:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> The latter form is good to remember, because many patches refer to
> multiple files.
>
> I have no idea how one would go about it on Windows, or a NAS type
> device. Perhaps a manual edit of the relevant files ? I'm not sure
> that I would bother unless there was no forthcoming plugin update. I
> wouldn't categorize patch application as a 'non-techie' task.
>
> I'll be trying utgg's livetext patch, which I would not have found
> without your thread.

Semi-techie Windows user here!

The way I've been installing all the patches so far is to modify the .pm
file using Wordpad. It's usually explicit what and where the changes
need to be made. I managed to alter the BBCXMLparser .pm file this way
and I think it works Ok, certainly didn't stop the app running. However
my attempts to modify the HLS.pm met with failure as I was unsure what
text had to be replaced, where, and with what, the end result being that
the app wouldn't work at all.

If you would be so kind as to publish the original .pm files (or
relevant section) with the changes to be made highlighted in red and the
revised text to be inserted, that would make it a lot easier to identify
what needs to be altered. :)

Many thanks!