PasTim wrote:
> Forgive me, but you need to explain the new parameters more clearly.  I
> don't understand them.  You have 'raw format preference' and 'match byte
> order'.  What exactly do these mean?  (the information button doesn't
> say).

Well I've tried the latest dev build, rather briefly thus far, and all
seems well.  Thanks very much.

To try and understand the new parameters I tested the 'raw format
preference' field with a 24/192 flac track.  On my M1 CLiC, which I know
handles pcm well, pcm works fine.  On my Marantz, it does not.  However,
setting this to wav does indeed fix it for the Marantz.

So, as I understand it, the codecs line should NOT include wav, since
LMS doesn't support it, but the 'raw format preference' field can, if a
device doesn't handle raw pcm well but does handle wav.  Is that
correct?

Can the codecs field include aif?

What does the byte ordering option do?

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.