usc95 wrote:
> Will this work in windows 8.1?  To further demonstrate my ignorance,
> what do I need to do with "Ipv6 and avahi" if I am using windows?  A
> quick google suggests that might be specifically for linux but I really
> don't know.  Sorry for my ignorance.

I'm sorry Windows isn't supported. Somebody needs to port the shairport
helper. I can't do this.

bruinboy wrote:
> will this work with mac os x?
>
> Scott

Mac OS X would be possible but is not currently added. Will do this
later on.

mherger wrote:
> Thanks a lot disaster123! Unfortunately I don't see any of my players in
> iThingies. Here's what tail server.log file looks like:

Code:
client=Hilfskoch
  > [15-05-22 07:24:08.7036]
Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin::playerSubscriptionChange (132) request=client new
client=Kinderzimmer
  > [15-05-22 07:24:08.7452]
Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin::playerSubscriptionChange (132) request=client new
client=Wecker
  > Established under name '86B89C29C6BA@Schreibtisch'
  > Established under name '53033095BED7@Stube'
  > Established under name '2E417F5109AA@Hilfskoch'
  > [15-05-22 07:24:09.1962]
Plugins::ShairTunes2::Plugin::playerSubscriptionChange (132) request=client new
client=Gaschtig

--------------------

> I would assume that the "Established..." messages are from avahid or
> some other helper, but not LMS itself?
>
> I'm running this on a CentOS6 based system - which means some of the
> components might be not all new. Do you know about any requirements
> wrt. version numbers? Eg. would I need a specific avahi version?
>
> Also on CentOS there's no avahi-utils, but an avahi-tools. Maybe it's
> not the same tools? What parts of that package are required?

Strange. Does the original one (StuartUSA) work for you? Can you post a
debug log? can you post your avahi conf? And can you show me the output
of: ps aux|egrep "avahi|mdns"