ralphy wrote:
> I always find it interesting at the number of softsqueeze downloads that
> still happen each week, 241 for this past week alone.
>
> The windows version has been downloaded more than 71000 times since I
> released it 4 years ago.
>
> Not bad for a long dead app!
>
> Can the server side flac changes be applied only to softsqueeze client
> versions > 2, so it doesn't screw up all the current players?
> Then if you change Softsqueeze.properties:firmwareversion=3 for the new
> client, nothing *should* be affected by the changes.
>
> If we can satisfy these two conditions, with working code, I think it
> would be possible to ask Michael to have the changes applied to lms
> 7.9.
>
> Perhaps the jflac class could also be updated?  Maybe not to the newest,
> but newer.
>
> Unfortunately, I really can't take this on right now, but it'd be
> willing to help get the code changes into the softsqueeze cvs repository
> and eventually create new builds, but that's not likely before the fall.

I'm puzzled about why you're worried that changing the server to include
the sample rate for flac streams would affect legacy softsqueeze
clients. As I read softsqueeze's code, the "sudden" appearance of a non
'?' sample rate would be simply ignored by legacy softsqueezes as it
uses a hard code sample rate for flac "streams."