epoch1970 wrote:
> You are running kernel 2.6.18. IMHO it is a miracle that your machine is
> able to suspend and restart.
> Can you arrange to shutdown avahi at sleep time, and restart it at wake
> up time ?
>
> I remember trying to make a 2.6.26 system work reliably accross sleeps,
> I had to stop services and unload modules quite arbitrarily. Avahi was
> surely one of the first to go down before sleep and among the last to
> restart at wake-up time.

Surprisingly other then Shairtunes everything else works fine. The
machine is actually configured with USB sounds cards and soft players
since everything is co-located (LMS, AMP, Router) and audio wired to
speakers in each room (although two of the four bedrooms aren't being
used yet, its just a case of grabbing some ceiling speakers when
needed). Player sync works perfectly which I know can be a problem when
using soft players. This is one of the reasons I'm reluctant to mess
with it, as the household has become used to using the system for years
now. I'll get a lot of harassment from the family if I break it by
trying to move to a newer OS/etc.

The only reason I need/want airplay is we're an "Apple household" and we
all use Deezer. Our mobile provider gives free Deezer with our Plans and
it worked perfectly with the LMS Deezer plugin. But now Deezer requires
a premium subscription to use the LMS Deezer plugin, which has scuppered
our Utopia :( We'd all become accustomed to managing our library on
Deezer (other then some older stuff that wasn't available on Deezer but
we still had on our local library) before they pulled the rug from under
us, so now trying to get back to that "perfect" position again. Paying
for premium accounts for everyone is going to get expensive, so had
hoped to simply Airplay Deezer from our devices to the LMS system.