garym wrote:
> thanks for experimenting. I mostly listen to 122 and only occasionally
> to 23 (dead channel). the hard part is that it is somewhat random. Even
> this morning, I had to "restart" the channel 23 stream 3 times within 7
> or 8 minutes, but then it played for two hours with no issues.
> Everytime it stops however, I get the error message in the logs posted
> previously. I'm at work now with Win7, lms 7.9, so I'll play with that a
> bit too.... (at home is 7.8 on vortexbox (fedora linux)
>
> *edit: Although I frequently listen to deep tracks and Little Steven's
> channel in the car!

Tried both Channel 23 and Channel 122 for a while on work machine
(win7(64) with LMS 7.9).  No stopping issues at all.

I wonder if this is something related to either 7.8 (and fixed in 7.9)
or if it is linux vs windows related.  I suppose it could also be
related to some other plugins that I'm using, but don't use that many.

I don't think it is network related, as I get the same issue at home and
my weekend place systems (both running vortexbox linux with 7.8), but
with entirely different internet providers (cox vs comcast, both with >
50Mbps download speeds and no issues streaming HD movies).

I guess one test would be for me to install LMS 7.9 on one of my
vortexbox machines.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng8 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify