mhhd wrote:
> I always hoped for a standalone solution for LMS independent from
> Synology.   Thanks for your kind words. A bit of frustration that Synology
> left
LMS at version 7.7.3 was be main reason to start LmsRepack ;-). It's
good to see they picked it up recently with a beta release of 7.9.0. See
your package manager in DSM with the beta channel enabled.
> Would it not be a good idea to host your LMS-repack in one of the big
> synology community repositories to spread your great solution
> automatically to a wider audience? Maybe some other developers will be
> reached that like to support with further developments ...
I will think about it, but for now it suites its needs. The LmsRepack
repository is known on all main Synology forums as it is here. So I
don't see any benefits in moving the repository to a Synology community
repo.

LmsRepack is a repack. Which means it uses the released package from
Synology and merges the github changes into it. So, together with all
the effort Michael is putting in the LMS, it provides an updated version
of lms to the Synology. I don't see any development coming to LmsRepack
outside the community here, and basicly what is hapening in the github
code. All I need for now is feedback on the packages if everything is
working as expected.

So I'll stick to the current process and infrastructure for now ;-)

Greetings,

Martin.

-Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 ('LMS-Repack'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*&p=817970&viewfull=1#post817970))
-Raspberry B+ (piCorePlayer), HifiBerry - Cambridge Azur 840A -PMC GB1i
-2x Radio
-Laptop - openSUSE - Squeezelite