d6jg wrote:
> I suspect it's more likely something to do with the BBC plugin. I don't
> remember when I last upgraded that or indeed when I last tried it with
> SB Player.

As far as I know, nothing has changed with the plugin for ages .... if
it works with your tablet, my other squeezeboxes, but fails on the Fire,
then something is wrong at the Fire end.

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite
Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth
speaker
UPnPBridge - O2 Joggler - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers
Pure One Flow