castalla wrote:
> Strange case of white noise with BBC aac streams
>
> Pretty much as it says - white noise when playing BBC live via the
> android-based SB Player.
>
> I think these streams did play when I first installed the app about 2
> weeks ago.
>
> Any hints on where to look for a possible solution?

I presume other soft player work OK ?

Can android SB player play any other AAC stream OK such as
http://ice.somafm.com/illstreet-32.aac

noise can be a symptom of a format mismatch (e.g. playing 16 bit format
when 24 bit sent, AIFF format being played but actually WAV/PCM stream
sent - byte swap)

Enable LMS logging to see what exactly format is being sent to player
(i.e. is some transcoding occuring ?)