bepsx wrote:
> Hii Philippe,
>
> i just tried the actual version and I encountered a problem while
> playing any files with 24 bit depth, neither FLAC nor PCM on my Yamaha
> CD-N500.
> The player support these files and play them without any problem if
> using the yamaha app.
>
> I attach the log file for further understanding and the result of
> invoking GetProtocolInfo form DeviceSpy. I tried the 3 setting option
> for the 24 bit format, but i had success with none of them.
> Could you suggest me a way to fix this problem?
>
> Many thanks,
> Giuseppe.

The player does not advertise itself as being capable of pcm 24 bits, it
says only 16 (the audio/Lxx lines).  But looking at the log, flac is
never tried, only pcm and this is because your codecs sections in the
config is limited to pcm. You should set in the codecs option a least
'flc,pcm,mp3' (stick with that order, if you use pcm,flc,mp3, I've
observed that LMS tends to transcode flac into pcm, which would send
fail the same way as having pcm only). If you want to use pcm, then you
have to send it in wav format which is support by the player. For that,
use 'wav,raw' in the non compressed option of the plugin (just below the
codec line). Use the latest dev version as I've made a lot of
improvements to wav management. Do not check the option to optimize byte
order

Finally, you pointed out a bug in my codec management as normally, when
a player supports 16 bits only and you have selected the 24 bits depth
option to truncate to 16 bits, then I should accept a 24 bits request
from LMS. I will correct that in a few days but I can't right now as I'm
travelling - thanks for this finding !

The CD-N500 should just work fine

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)