schmurtz,

Great work!  This might be a stretch, but I am trying to use your
modified Shareport4w code to expose an MP3 HTTP stream so I can listen
to it on my (ugh) Control4 system.  I modified start.bat and stop.bat to
comment out the SqueezeBox specific lines towards the bottom (and only
start VLC then kill VLC) and set MyStreamer=VLC.  I added my laptop IP
in Control4 as an Internet radio station through
hxxp[:]//<laptopIP>:8080 and made sure my Win7 Windows Firewall had an
inbound rule for VLC and confirmed it was listening on TCP/8080.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?

For reference here is a stream that does work:
hxxp[:]//173.244.215.162:8300/

Thanks in advance!  Sorry for the oddball question..