Man in a van wrote:
> Which OS are you running on the pi?
>
> Is it raspbian or some such?

Yes, Raspbian. Took a while to get CUPs running properly and my LMS
library persistently connected, so loath to change it now really.
Everything (apart from Spotify) is running like a dream.

Man in a van wrote:
> Have you installed the necessary lib thingies (there are four I think).
>
> Also:
>
> SSH into the pi and try
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get upgrade
>
> Otherwise, if you have a fresh SD card, download and install Max2play.
>
> If you format the SD card use the proper format tool
>
> https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Done the latter part, but going mad trying to find which libraries I
might also need. I thought the plugin might install everything it
needed.

I really appreciate the time you're taking to baby-step me through
this!

M.