MCQ wrote:
> Here is the Package Source I used:
>
> 19277
>
> Here is the current running version:
> Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1447853695 @ Thu Nov 19 04:22:42
> UTC 2015
>
> Here is the server log:
> 19279
>
> EDIT: Since this seems like some kind of conversion problem with the
> popping and squeaks, I did a couple of tests.
>
> I went into Settings | Advanced | File Types and Disabled the AAC
> Decoders for FLAC, MP3, & PCM.  This left only AAC=Native enabled.  With
> these settings, nothing would play.  Does this mean my players, or at
> least one of them since they are synch'd and using proxied streaming,
> cannot actually handle AAC?
>
> Second, I went back into File Types and enabled AAC -> MP3=faad/lame in
> addition to AAC=Native. I started the Radio Paradise AAC stream and it
> played fine for a few minutes and then back to the same problem.  In
> this case, Song Info was correctly showing that it was converting the
> stream to 320k MP3.
>
> I did some reading that says the first enabled option under a File
> Format is the one that is used.  That would make sense since everything
> was being converted to FLAC yesterday with the default AAC configuration
> (FLAC above MP3 and both enabled).  The Decoder option for AAC -> FLAC
> is faad/flac.  So doesn't this look like a problem with faad running on
> my Synology?
Thx MCQ,

This info is very welcome. Hope we can solve this issue.

Please update to the latest build 7.9.0-1448035497.
I disabled some file types and only used the SlimDevices binaries. There
is also another faad, but its more likely it is due to the mac binarie
which now is left out.

greetings,

Martin

-Synology nas DS115 - Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 ('LMS-Repack'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*&p=817970&viewfull=1#post817970))
-Raspberry PI B+ (PicorePlayer), HifiBerry DAC+ - Cambridge Azur 840A -
PMC GB1i
-2x Radio
-Laptop - openSUSE - Squeezelite