I've been a happy user of these two plugins for over a year, but the
'All Access' feature stopped working a few weeks ago and I'm only
getting round to looking at it now. Using 0.4.1 of the Google Music
plugin and the latest 1.7.2 of Smart Mix (the recent upgrade has made no
difference) the 'Music Sources' shows only 'Local music files'

There's no Google Music support in SmartMix. Never has been. You should get in touch with the Google Music plugin author, as probably he did add support for SmartMix.

--

Michael