QUOTE=PaulinPosset;837121]You've let the cat out of the bag now! That's
not something I personally use as it doesn't fit my listening habits but
have noticed the option on the BBC web iplayer as no doubt have others.
It's better to explore the issue now and understand what is involved and
the drawback so that when the question is eventually asked there is a
considered reponse.

Man in a van wrote:
The layman that I am, thinks this is really intended as a "missed the
start of this live program" feature which has been recently implemented
on the web based iPlayers.

On the freesat and freeview boxes this has always been present as a 2hr
buffer.(I guess you already know that;))

Since I am outside the UK I can't install BBCiPlayer apps and iPlayer is
not available on my smart TV or the freesat boxes offer the service as it
requires UK IP address.  It just looked possible from BBC tech info.