philippe_44 wrote:
> Doesn't the LMS scheduler spread time to each player on the GET response
> ? Still, if it happens to be a problem, setting <buffer_limit> gives
> flow control, unless the CCA (UPnP) player eats everything as well (and
> some do). In such case, I have no way to know what the real internal
> buffer level of the player

About the Get - normally the GET would either return with data or stay
open until source (e.g. BBC) has data to send.  With DASH URLs are
allocated sequentially (unlike HLS where an updated playlist has to be
fetched) so my player creates the next URL to become available but if
player is very demanding (I need to look at squeezelite to see how it
handles the thresholds)  then URL is not ready and the GET is returned
immeidately by BBC with a 404 but becuase player is aking for more data
- another GET is scheduled asap so same invalid but it too will return
in millisecs and so on until in about 6 secs the URLS is readdy but then
DASH player will move onto next URL of next segment which is not ready
and so process will repeat.