+1 on this.

In portrait mode Ipeng displays the full artwork (smaller of course) but
in landscape the controls cut off the image.
Another thing I've noticed is that the image seems fuzzy and not as
sharp as the original image?
It's not possible for example to read text on a scanned CD booklet, even
with a 300dpi 1000x1000 image.

Unless I'm accessing the ages wrongly, which is a possibility! :)

Song is playing and I touch the artwork thumbnail in top left corner.
This opens up full screen mode and I swipe to bring up context menu.
I select "Local Artwork" and I can access stored images.

Bit clunky though, as I said the images seem fuzzy and there's no easy
navigation through images; you have to click back to image thumbnails
listing and select the next one.
Ideally, swipe to navigate, fully sharp image and even "pinch to zoom"
functionality would make the experience PERFECT,

Not sure if it's Ipeng or Michaels plugin but this I think viewing
images like this would be superb.

Thanks for taking a look at this Pippin, I feel this would be a sellable
killer feature for Ipeng and would make the Ipeng experience even more
superb. :)