I then add Michael's repository

You shouldn't need to add my repository. They show up in the main list. But that's irrelevant to your real problem :-).

1.0.1 shows up for Spotify Protocol Handler. Tick to update. Restart

Next time you try this, please give it a few minutes before you restart. The plugin package is pretty hefty (10MB+). Depending on your connection this can take a while.

This topic has come up recently. The Reboot message would be shown before the plugin actually has been downloaded. But I haven't found a solution for this yet.

And it's always worth checking the server.log for any potential error message.

--

Michael