mherger wrote:
> > First off, I have deleted every Chris De Burgh song from my library.
> It
> > was harder than I thought.  Despite removing every album under Album
> > Artist, there were still some versions of Lady in Red that remained
> in
> > Billboard top 100 and Various Artists that Smartmix would dredge up
> at
> > the most inopportune times.
>
> Heh... I start to wonder whether Chris De Burgh is some kind of running
>
> gag with the Echonest guys... I have one single album (well, my wife
> does :-)). But he crops up all the time, even though I've created custom
>
> libraries etc. to not include him in my mixes.
>
> There's one important thing to keep in mind: when you remove a track
> from your library, it's not removed from the data SmartMix has sent to
> the TEN backend. You'd probably have to go to the SmartMix settings and
>
> tell it to reset your profile. This will trigger a full wipe&rescan,
> including exporting data to TEN from scratch.
>
> > Next, I'm working on finding some way to exclude John Williams and
> James
> > Horner albums, as Titanic and Gladiator soundtracks seem to weasel
> their
> > ways in to  any mix that starts off with Classical music.
>
> Classical music is difficult. As the profiling of your music library is
>
> based on track titles and artist names only, there's a huge chance your
>
> classical music is not recognized correctly. There are too many ways to
>
> include works, composers, conductors etc. in an album name to have them
>
> recognized correctly. There's an analysis option in the SmartMix
> settings which would list you all unknown tracks. You might run this to
>
> get a better understanding of what's going on.
>
> --
>
> Michael
You're a Chris De Burgh fan in disguise. We know it .............   ;)

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers.
Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office:
Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe