pinkdot wrote:
> For the time being: I could build a package with Michael's workaround,
> removing the freefont. Let me know if you want a modified package.

Of course I'm using LMS update, I also tried your latest 1057 version,
but the issue was still there. If you could do a package with the
workaround that would be fantastic. In the long run  a real fix would be
good. It should not happen that LMS completely crashes just when
displaying a special character on one of the old players. It also
happens with French characters.

Unfortunately I don't have the possibility to try, if the problem also
exists with the original Synology LMS beta package. Or is there a way to
install it besides the LMS update installation?