I have Multi Library, Dynamic Library, Custom Clock,Trackstat,Custom
Browse, Walk With Me,
iHeart,MusicArtistInfo,RadioParadise,SwitchPlayer,TimeSpeller,Youtube,HideMenus,
PowerSave

I think we're facing a bug in the plugin manager which is hitting us now as many plugin repositories have disappeared: Google finally turned off their google code services. Many plugins were hosted there, among others Triode's SwitchPlayer (and all of his other plugins). I'm wondering whether them disappearing from the repository file is causing the issue you're seeing...

I just installed Ubuntu 16.04 and pulled my plugin library and
preferences from the old install

There's a server specific UUID in the server.prefs file. Make sure you remove this from the copy and let the new installation re-generate a new UUID.

--

Michael