Hi,

I have several Squeezebox Touch devices with Enhanced Digital Output
(EDO) installed on each of them.  It has always worked well for me, and
is very important to me as I have a growing collection of music at
sample rates up to 192 kHz.

Ever since Logitech stopped manufacturing Squeezebox units I have been
concerned that the day will come when EDO will become unavailable to me,
in the event that I need to reinstall it on one of my devices for some
reason.  From the post below it sounds like that day has arrived, or is
at least getting closer.

I am not a programmer.  But I have wondered whether it is possible to
store the code for EDO on a computer on my local home network, and
direct my Squeezebox Touches to install EDO from the local machine
instead of over the Internet as in the past.  I actually would be
willing to pay a programmer for their time to investigate and set this
up for me, and carefully walk me through the steps that I need to take
on my end.  I think the Touch with the EDO enhancement is a great
product, and I would like to use it for many years into the future for
my music listening.  I am willing to make this investment if it makes
that possible.

Is anyone interested in helping?

Thank you.