Not really sure whether this should go in this forum, 3rd party hardware
or Linux but I'll try here as it might be Max2Play specific.

Basically, I am tearing my hair out trying to get my music folder, on a
Synology DS215j NAS, mounted as an nfs share in my Max2Play system
running on an Odroid U3. This set up is fairly new to me.

The annoying thing is that I had this working until yesterday but then I
rebooted the Odroid. I have never been able to get it to work via the
Max2Play web interface but I previously got the mount to work via the
command line having ssh'ed into the Odroid.  Stupidly, I did not write
down what I did, nor did I capture it in the fstab, and I find that the
bash history is not preserved between reboots.

I have followed the' Synology instructions for setting up the share'
(https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/File_Sharing/How_to_access_files_on_Synology_NAS_within_the_local_network_NFS).

These suggest that doing something like:

mount <synology IP address>:/volume1/music /mnt/music

should work (I have created the target directory on the Odroid).

In fact the mount does work but the problem is with permissions. If I do
ls -a /mnt/music, I see this sort of thing:

d--------- 7 1026 users 4096 nov 11  2015 flac

flac is one of the subdirectories of the music folder I am sharing from
the NAS.

All I can think is that I previously used some additional options with
the mount command.