mikeybs wrote:
> I see that you updated the instructions page and included a repo.xml.  I
> did a clean LMS 7.9 nightly install and followed the installation
> instructions.  The only comment I have is that the plugin no longer
> seems to be capable of figuring out the mobile device ID on its own.
> This did work back in the early days of the plugin (well over a year
> ago), but I haven't seen it work in quite some time.
>
> After I manually put in the mobile device ID and restarted LMS the
> plugin works as expected.  Search works fine.  Per the instructions I
> used:
> pip install gmusicapi==10.0.1
>
> Does that install the latest version of gmusicapi?  or is that just the
> version you tested with?  Wondering if I should stay up to date with
> gmusicapi changes or just leave it be with the version installed by your
> instructions...
>
> Thank you for sharing your work!  I use this plugin almost exclusively
> so it is definitely important to me.

I never had automatic mobile Id working, I'm sure it's possible but not
a high priority.

I've locked the gmusicapi version so that changes to that library don't
suddenly break things in the extension code as they've done in the past.
No doubt the API will change at some point, at which case I'll update.
It's always easier to work with and support one version of a library
rather than dozens. If you update your library, it might still work, but
if it ain't broke... The listed version is the latest at time of
writing.