Marc Bartsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a known restriction in Windows which prevents a Universal App
> to talk to a local server. The solution is to exempt the app from this.
> Please try the following link on how to do this:
>
> http://loopback.codeplex.com/
>
> If you run your LMS on a different machine it will probably work,
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Marc.

We have a winner! Thank you, Marc -- that was indeed the problem.

I should have thought of it -- way back when I first installed Windows
10, I recall having had to do this for the Edge browser to access a
local server app. Since I don't much use universal apps -- and the ones
I do don't connect to local servers -- I had forgotten all about that.