bpa wrote:
> IIRC cache.db is a Sqlite data
It is, SqLite 3 format.

bpa wrote:
> I think I have tracked down the growing cache and it may not be metadata
> - if BBCIPlayer Extra is used to play different programs cache grow
> slowly because Extra has to use http to fetch lots of web pages from BBC
> to get program info to play.
My cache.db had grown to ~86 Mb in a couple of days of sporadic iPlayer
use. Most of the cached data blobs were, as I said yesterday, a little
under 256k and mostly binary (and clearly not compressed - lot's of
redundancy). Right at the end was some text:

Code:
--------------------
    content
  HTTP::Headers
  257308 content-length
  version=1.7.18 (7923)  x-usp
  bytes
  accept-ranges
  )Server,Range,Content-Length,Content-Range  access-control-expose-headers
  GET,HEAD,OPTIONS  access-control-allow-methods
  Wed, 14 Sep 2016 13:04:03 GMT  date
  caab0f47  x-pkgr-instance
  Mon, 29 Aug 2016 09:17:45 GMT last-modified
  $Origin,Range,Accept-Encoding,Referer  access-control-allow-headers
  "1"  etag
        video/mp4  content-type
  close  connection
  access-control-allow-origin
  Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:04:03 GMT  expires
  max-age=2592000
  cache-control
        openresty  server  headers  _no_revalidate
  200  code  J W  _time

I note the word "expires" close to a date a month from now. This might
explain (if this is being processed and overriding the 1 hour default
that was mentioned) why the entries are not being removed. The number
before the phrase "content-length" is probably pretty accurate for the
size of the non-text part of the cached value.

I don't know where this is from; perhaps someone else can tell, but can
it really be the result of multiple URL requests you have identified, as
it's ~250K of binary data? Perhaps these entries (over 200 of them) were
in my cache for some other reason.