Forget what I said, I just got it working... I don’t know what the hell
is going on. I've had three updates coming in this evening. After the
second, and not getting it to work, I gave up and installed my second
Touch (my Touch then found a new software and installed it). After that
I played a few songs through the Touch and then wrote the previous post.
Having written it, I just remembered that I hadn't checked if I was
logged in in the Spotify protocol handler. I was not - and after logging
in, it works! No skipping, and pure sound coming out of my new speakers.
Life is good :)

Thanks everyone for helping me closing in on this! Big thanks :)