Hi d6jg,
While I am not entirely familiarized with the picoreplayer software as I
am with Max2Play, I would still like to point to our open
addon-structure, wherein everyone can add or even create any new
software for Max2Play and implement it into the existing framework.
Therein, a lot of new features and services can be added, combined and
removed, giving you a much larger field of applications for the
software. Aside from that general difference, we also consistently add
new addons and update our existing ones to add more features from the
first start. You can look at a few of our updates in the 'Max2Play
topic'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101856-Max2Play-Webinterface-for-Mediaclients-(Audioplayer-Squeezeserver-Airplay-XBMC)&p=864563&viewfull=1#post864563)
where I introduced some, but you can find a list of 'all addons on our
website' (https://www.max2play.com/en/addons/).