mrmichaelwright wrote:
> So today I'm testing with a SB Touch (ie not transcoded)
>
> It's failing quite often with the following error:
>
> Interestingly when this occurs my server also seems to disappear from
> TeamViewer, it comes up as 'signed out' but i can still connect to the
> server via RDP on local network.  Not sure if that is related but seems
> to coincide.
>
> I may try disabling TeamViewer to see if there is a port conflict or
> something.

Once you see the message " Couldn't resolve IP address for:
www.mysqueezebox.com, retrying in 900 seconds" anywhere near in time to
the other messages - you can assume DNS connection has failed and any
Windows application will suffer.  I can't remember if I already advised
this but if you are only using ipv4 - then disable ipv6 DNS server on
router (and posisbly ipv6 on LMS server) as it can add another timeout

On my old XP laptop I can reproduce your system symptoms with the long
delay on startup and difference between 48k and 96kbps so I'll produce a
1.5.1 with Settings setting so user can add a delay for DASH "Live
streams".  This can then be varied according to whether user is using
320kbps vs 48kbps.  It won't help same issue with HLS live streams ( I
don't know how to skip back HLS live streams) .  It's a workaround
rather than a full solution but I don't fancy changing socketwrapper or
LMS just for this use-case.