Seems you were correct on the Windows App store being the issue. That's
the good news! :)

Now I seem to have the same issue as satkinsn :(

Tried installing server on same machine (usually run from ReadyNAS) but
still no luck. Seem to constantly time out. While initially on the
ReadyNAS server, I could see the Now Playing, but couldn't do anything
about it. Could also switch players, but that was it. Lots of blank
screens. There was one difference...on the ReadyNAS, Manage Players
didn't show any, on the Win 10 machine, I could see a player. Let me
know if there's anything else I can try to assist in tracking it down?
Will use my phone for now :p