Hi Paolo

We are  collecting netflow records of several routers interfaces.

Now we are testing the kafka plugin of nfactt using json as format output.

kafka_topic[l3vpn]: pmacct_netflow

aggregate[l3vpn]: tcpflags, proto, src_host, src_port, dst_host, dst_port,
src_as, dst_as, peer_src_as, peer_dst_as, peer_src_ip, peer_dst_ip,
in_iface, src_net,

dst_net, tos, timestamp_start, timestamp_end

kafka_broker_host[l3vpn]:
kafka-node-1.interstellar.prv:9092,kafka-node-2.interstellar.prv:9092,kafk
a-node-3.interstellar.prv:9092

kafka_output[l3vpn]: json

kafka_topic[l3vpn]: pmacct_netflow

Is this setup converting 1 for 1 a netflow record to a json message ?

I am asking because the backend engineers are noticing a lot of difference
between the number of netflow records received and the number of the json
messages kafka is receiving.

Is there a kind of aggregation done by kafka plugin that would reduce the
number of json messages sent to Kafka ?

Thank you in advance.

Wilfrid Grassot