Hi all,

I'm running pmacct on a fairly low spec box (Celeron 366, 128 Mb RAM) with
a MySQL database. It started off fine, but as the box started to run out
of memory (due to Apache I think), pmacctd started spawning more threads
to write to the database. I ended up with 73 processes/threads in total,
almost all database writers.

Is this really a good idea? Wouldn't it be better to serialise database
writes to some extent, to degrade gracefully rather than spiralling to
death? Or is this already possible and I missed the config option?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (http://www.aidworld.org)