> Couldn't you instead configure pmacctd on the routers to use nfprobe to
> export netflow to the database server and then on the database server run
> nfacctd to collect the netflows from the routers and store to a local
> mysql db.

*sigh* And maybe I would, if I could compile pmacct on the webserver.
unfortunately, it doesn't have libpcap installed and I don't have the
privileges to install it. (fancy that; on a hosted webserver, not letting
us capture all their internal network traffic. go figure.)

so "configure" fails, therefore I can't just make nfacctd.

Plus, in general, installing things on the webserver / db server is about
the last thing you want to have to do in a production environment. That's
why I wanted the MySQL database connection in the first place.

--
Jeremy Lee BCompSci (Hons)
 The Unorthodox Engineers